1) Sets up and operates a heart-lung machine in the hospital to take over functions of a patients heart and lungs during surgery or respiratory failure: Reviews patient medical history and chart, and consults with surgeon or physician to obtain patient information needed to set up heart-lung machine and associated equipment.
2) Selects, assembles, sets up, and tests heart-lung machines to ensure that the machine and associated equipment function according to specifications.
3) Operates heart-lung machine to regulate blood circulation and composition, to administer drugs and anesthetic agents, and to control body temperature during surgery or respiratory failure of the patient.
4) Monitors and observes operation of the heart-lung machine and patients physiologic variables such as blood temperature, blood composition, and flow rate, and adjusts equipment to maintain normal body functions.
5) Cleans and adjusts parts of the heart-lung machine.
Ability To Remain Calm In Emergency Situations, Strong Organizational Skills, Extremely Detail-oriented,